Project Management Professional (PMP)
What is PMP?
Project management Professional is a globally acknowledged professional certification that validates a professional’s education and experience in Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is a qualification program overseen by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized professional designation offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). As of March 2018, there are 833,025 active PMP certified individuals and 286 chartered chapters across 210 countries and territories worldwide.
Advantages of PMP
- PMI Salary Survey Reveals That Project Management Professionals with the PMP Certification Earn 23% higher on average across the 37 countries.
- Better Job Opportunities: PMP Certification opens up better career avenues and provides professionals with greater job opportunities in the project management world. According to a Price waterhouse Coopers survey, 80% of high-performing projects use PMP credentialed project managers; according to the PMI Pulse of the Profession study, organizations with more than 35% PMP certified project managers demonstrated much better project performance than those without a certification.
- Applicable to Most Industries: The PMP certification is an ideal bet for all project managers in various professional fields, including IT, telecom, business processing, commerce, finance, research, and more.
- Enhance Your Skills: It’s not easy to get the PMP certification and you need to undergo rigorous training for the same. There is a also a significant amount of coursework involved. You get trained and educated in in five project management processes—planning, initiating, implementing, monitoring and controlling, and finally closing. In short, you learn A-Z of project management which you can implement in your company projects for better project execution.
- Earn More: PMP certified project managers earn more than the non-certified ones. As soon as you get your PMP degree, you can command a higher pay and you can expect an immediate hike. Many surveys have shown that PMP certified project managers earn at least 20 percent more than the non-certified counterparts. Also PMP certified professionals have the capability to earn a six figure income.
- Greater Visibility To Recruiters: Research across industries suggests that organizations prefer hiring PMP certified project managers rather their non-credentialed peers. The PMP certification is a standard that demonstrates a professional’s expertise in project management and it immediately catches a recruiter’s eye during profile evaluation.
- Expand Your Marketability: A PMP certification can help reach to global organizations working in different parts of the world. It enhances your professional marketability to a great extent and legitimize your experience as a project manager. You’d also be in touch with individuals aspiring to take up the course and PMP certified professionals as already mentioned, through project management forums and discussion boards, helping you to master your expertise with their tips and knowledge.
|Eligibility Requirement||Four-Year Degree||Secondary Degree*|
|Years of Project Management Experience||3 Years (36 Months)||5 Years (60 Months)|
|Hours Leading & Directing Projects||4,500 Hours||7,500|
|Hours of Project Management Education||35 Hours||35 Hour|
- Indicate whether you have secondary diploma or a degree. You will need the name of the institution, the year you graduated, and your major.
Project Management Experience
- The experience must be leading or directing projects that are non-overlapping, cumulative across all process groups, and within the last 8 years to be counted on the PMI PMP application. Refer to the above table for full experience requirements.
Project Management Education
- You will need to show 35 contact hours of project management education, preferably covering initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. PMTI plans ahead for our students and provides an inclusive online course so you qualify for this requirement even prior to attend the class.
Who should apply?
An experienced project manager who meets the following requirements:
- Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project.
- Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
If you are considering working toward your PMP exam, Process exam offers a variety of project management practice exam that will help you pass, including the PMP Certification practice exam. This Practice exam are conducted by certified, highly experienced professionals with at least ten years of experience.
Read the following article:Tips and Tricks to pass PMP Certification in first attempt